Accessible Parking Permit System – Terms & Conditions
The Department of Transport provides Victorians and Victorian businesses with the ability to apply for an accessible parking permit through the Accessible Parking Permit (APP) System. This process is administered by Victorian local councils through the APP System. Access to and use of the APP System is subject to these Terms and Conditions.
By applying for a permit via the APP System, accessing the system via an account, or using the APP System for any other purpose, you accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions as updated from time to time.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not use the APP System. You may instead be able to apply for a permit by completing a physical form.
Who do the Terms and Conditions apply to?
These Terms and Conditions apply to:
- an individual who applies for a permit on the APP System, whether for him or herself, or on behalf of another individual or entity; and
- a person who accesses or uses an APP System account; and
- each being referred to as 'you' or 'your' in these Terms and Conditions.
In accessing and using the APP System, you warrant that:
- you have the authority of any person or entity you represent to use the APP System on its behalf and to legally bind it to these Terms and Conditions.
- you have informed any person or entity you represent of these Terms and Conditions and its responsibilities under these Terms and Conditions; and
- you, and any entity you represent, will comply with all the Department of Transport’s directions and requirements in relation to any actions you perform using the APP System.
Service-specific terms and conditions
Services available through the APP System may be subject to additional terms and conditions, disclaimers or notices displayed on the APP System from time to time. You agree to read and comply with any such additional terms, conditions, disclaimers or notices presented to you on the APP System. By accessing or using any service on the APP System, you accept and agree to any additional terms, conditions, disclaimers or notices which apply to that service.
Authentication details and security
- to keep your application reference number, user name, password, and any other security details for your access to the APP System (“Authentication Details”), confidential and secure;
- not to permit any other person to use your Authentication Details to access the APP System;
- to immediately change your Authentication Details on the APP System and to notify the Department of Transport if you believe your Authentication Details may have been compromised; and
- not to access, or seek to access, any other person's APP System account or Authentication Details.
The Department of Transport is entitled to assume that all transactions using your Authentication Details are undertaken by you (unless you have told the Department of Transport that your Authentication Details have been compromised).
While the Department of Transport will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the APP System is secure, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, the Department of Transport cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to or from the APP System, and you do so at your own risk.
While the Department of Transport has used reasonable endeavours to ensure that the site is virus free, the Department of Transport denies liability (to the maximum extent allowed by law) for any virus-related damage or loss resulting from your interactions with the site.
Access and use of services
You acknowledge and agree that the Department of Transport may:
- make changes to the APP System, or discontinue the operation of the APP System, at any time and with or without notice to you;
- notify you of changes to the APP System through information and notices available to you when you access the APP System;
- monitor your access to the APP System; and
- cancel your access to the APP System for any reason, including if the Department of Transport believes:
- your access has been used to perform an unauthorised action;
- you have breached these Terms and Conditions; or
- you are no longer eligible or authorised to access the APP System.
- if you don’t complete the functional assessment within 90 days, your application will be closed and you’ll need to submit a new application.”
Your access to the APP System depends on telecommunications, internet service providers and other external factors, and the Department of Transport does not guarantee the availability of the APP System at all times or at any specific times. Notices regarding planned system outages will be made available on the Department of Transport's website wherever possible.
In using the APP System, it is your responsibility to:
- recognise the electronic records made by the Department of Transport of any actions you perform using the APP System; and
- retain a saved copy or print-out of all transactions you perform for your records.
By applying for a permit, or requesting an APP System account, you agree that the Department of Transport may communicate with you, when and if required. If you do not want to receive communication from the Department of Transport, do not register or use the APP System.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your registered details remain current. You can update these details via your local council.
False or misleading information
You agree to provide true and correct information through the APP System and you warrant that all information you provide is true and correct. Providing false or misleading information or documents is a serious offence under the Road Safety Act 1986 and can result in you being fined or imprisoned. Any permit issued on the basis of such information or documents, may have no effect.
It is your responsibility to verify that all details are correct before you complete the application. The Department of Transport will not be liable to you or any other person for any claim, loss, liability, damages or expense suffered or incurred as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information provided by you, or for any action taken by the Department of Transport, in reliance on that information. You indemnify the Department of Transport against any such loss, liability, damages or expense so suffered or incurred by it.
Except as required by law, the Department of Transport gives no express or implied warranties or guarantees, and makes no representations, in relation to the use of the APP System. The Department of Transport does not warrant or represent that:
- your system will meet the minimum requirements to enable your use of the APP System;
- information provided on the APP System is accurate, complete or suitable for any purpose;
- the APP System is free from any computer viruses or defects; or
- your access to the APP System will be continuous or uninterrupted.
Liability of the Department of Transport
The Department of Transport will not be liable to you or anyone else for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental claim, loss, liability, damages or expense suffered or incurred in connection with:
- these Terms and Conditions; or
- any access to or use of the APP System—
regardless of how they arise (whether by negligence or otherwise).
You indemnify the Department of Transport in relation to all loss and damage it suffers (including indirect or consequential loss) as a direct or indirect result of you acting inconsistently with or breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are intended to be legally binding on the parties and are governed by the laws of Victoria. The parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
Copyright in the material on the APP System is owned by the Department of Transport or its licensors
You may download information from the APP System and print out that information for your own private use or internal business operations. Otherwise, except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you must not reproduce, copy, publish, frame, or transmit any part of the APP System without the Department of Transport’s prior written consent.
Personal and medical information the Department of Transport or a Council collects from you through the APP System will be used, and may be disclosed, for the purpose of your permit application.
When and how personal and medical information may be used or disclosed is governed by law, including the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Road Safety Act 1986 and the Health Records Act 2001. Sometimes the law allows or requires us to share personal information with our contractors, agents and service partners, or with law enforcement agencies, revenue and social security agencies, other road and traffic authorities, municipal councils, road safety researchers, courts or other organisations or people authorised to collect and use personal information held by the Department of Transport.
Some of these organisations and persons may be located outside of Victoria, and as a result, your personal information may be transferred outside of Victoria.
For further information about the Department of Transport's collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal and medical information and your right of access to it, contact the Department of Transport on 13 11 71.
You agree that the Department of Transport may collect, use or disclose the personal or medical information you provide, in order to assess your eligibility for an accessible parking permit (or the eligibility of the person you represent) and to administer the permit as part of the Scheme. If you provide personal or medical information about another individual, you warrant that you have made that individual aware of the details in this privacy statement and that the person consents to the personal or medical information being provided to the Department of Transport.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
The Department of Transport may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time by posting the amended version on the APP System (or http://www.accessibleparking.vic.gov.au). Subsequent or continuing access or use of the APP System will constitute acceptance of any changes.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes void, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions. The void part will be replaced by provisions that are valid and have an effect as close as possible to the effect of the void part.
Accessibility of this system
We are working towards compliance with Level A and Level AA checkpoints of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. We welcome any feedback you might like to give us especially where you feel we are not compliant or could provide better accessibility.
Printed copies of documents
If you would like us to send you a printed copy of any document on this site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org